[wpkg-users] test packages upgrades

Jason Oster jason.oster at campnavajo.com
Mon Dec 21 15:50:18 CET 2009

On 12/20/2009 01:44 AM, Andrea Zagli wrote:
> how can i do to test packages upgrades on only one test machine before
> to propagate the upgrade to all others production machines?
>
> thanks in advance

I've been meaning to set up a second share directory on my Samba server
with WPKG packages. My test workstation would check-in with that
directory instead of the normal one. Use symlinks for the software and
most of the XML packages; use real files only when testing.

I don't have detailed information, sorry. But there is more information
on this kind of idea in the list archives somewhere!

Good luck