[wpkg-users] Deploy packages to non-domain members not working

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Thu Dec 31 09:52:11 CET 2009

> On a side note - if I run a really small package (i.e. 1-2MB) from
> sserver (which is my package server for my main site) to NDM, it does
> process the package and install it. But as I said below I really don't
> want to be installing a 20+MB package across a t1 to 30+ machines.

I do have machines, which are not domain members update fine through WPKG, but I use the WPKG-Client to do the connection using a domain user.
I do not have a sub-server either, only one main server at our main site, and the notebooks are only updated, if they are connected to the main network.

Since you are using sub-servers, you may have to install WPKG-Client and use a custom pre-script to check, which server is available and do the connection to the software share manually by this script.

---
Stefan