[wpkg-users] Feature request - Ability for mobile users to choose if new software installs yet

Chris Wilcox not_rich_yet at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 16 09:47:09 CET 2009

Something we have from a commercial system allows laptops to be set to prompt a user at boot that new software installs are pending.  The user can choose 'Install Now' or 'Install and next boot'.  Because some software installs may take a long time and slow down use and boot of a laptop, it is sometimes beneficial for our staff to use this functionality as they may not always be on the network for long enough for some of the larger apps to install.

Perhaps a further 'Software install complete' pop-up message would also benefit these users so they'd know it was then safe to shutdown their laptop.

Just a thought!
Chris