[wpkg-users] Special install command not working

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed Feb 11 12:58:52 CET 2009

Hi Mike,

Mike Burgener wrote:
> I Manually checked if it works, it does by using a installer.cmd
> containing the following:

> But when that .cmd gets started by wpkg it does not work. No error
> message at all

I guess it's related to credentials. WPKG is executed with SYSTEM
privileges. Probably you will find the reason within the logs of your
"whale" machine.

Try putting some debug output like
mkdir c:\temp
echo before wh.exe >> c:\temp\wpkg.log
echo after wh.exe >> c:\temp\wpkg.log

into the cmd script to see where it actually stops and which of the
commands don't work. Then find out which user Windows is using to
connect to the share "wpkgsoftware" or "pcsoft" and verify that this
user can access the files.