[wpkg-users] WPKG with multiple systems and architectures

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed Feb 25 19:59:41 CET 2009

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Dehennin wrote:
> I give a try to thoses scripts and they are great, personnally I rename them:
> - unattended.cmd for routines (your install.cmd)
> - install.cmd for installation (your unattended.cmd)
> - uninstall.cmd for uninstallation (your unattended-uninstall.cmd)

Feel free to change whatever you like/prefer :-)

> Do you have a sample for acrobat reader install/uninstall ?

Damn, I hate this stupid installer. Even worse, there seems to be no
uninstall tool and the GUID changes for each release/update.

So personally I am quite lazy on updating the uninstall procedure with
the actual GUIDs. Update usually works without uninstalling first and I
usually do upgrades only (no uninstall).

> I use the .exe for installing and the application ID for uninstall like:
> msi /qn /x{AC76BA86-7AD7-1036-7B44-A81200000003}

Actually I do the same. It also handles multiple languages (DE/EN). You
need to put the installer to the directory using the following names:
- AdbeRdr90_de_DE.exe
- AdbeRdr90_en_US.exe
Of course I did not include this bloatware installers.

You will notice that I am not using my personal install.cmd script here.
The reason is that I did this scripts long time ago even before I wrote
my generic installer script.

But at least it also includes some post-install cleanup tasks like
removing of desktop icons.

GUID.txt contains a list of GUIDs I am aware of. Due to the fact that
WPKG includes an upgrade-before-removal feature you need to make sure
only that unattended-uninstall.cmd could remove the latest version. WPKG
will first upgrade to this version and then unattended-uninstall.cmd is run.

As my mail server does not allow attaching zip files I've uploaded it to
rapidshare:

<http://rapidshare.de/files/45630257/Adobe_Acrobat_Reader_v.9.0.0.zip.html>