[wpkg-users] [SPAM?] Re: [SPAM?] Re: Can't use computer account authentication with WPKG Client 1.3.6

K.E.Jones at bton.ac.uk K.E.Jones at bton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 13 21:37:55 CET 2009

Hi,

 Superb!

 That works a treat with the limited testing I've done.

Tests Done:

 1) Logon with custom username and password. {works}
 2) Logon with "Use computer account..." box ticked {works}
 3) Tried to mess it up by supplying both custom account AND tick box
via UI {works}
   - it exhibits what I'd consider really good behaviour.
   - i.e. "Use computer account..." overrides the custom account
settings but it
     still retains the user details to handle idiots like me
accidentally clicking
     the tick box.
 4) Tried to mess with the XML directly to do the same :-) {works}
   - same good behaviour as the UI version.

 All in all..... The code works brilliantly!

 Superb!

 I like the tick box idea too, you can definitely make that a change for
the "WPKG
Execution context" too in my book or you could do the opposite thing and
assume people run it as local system and have the tick box activate the
user credentials boxes instead.

like...

 +--- Use custom logon [x]-------------------------------------+
 !   Username : _____________________________________________  !
 !   Password : _____________________________________________  !

 I guess the [x] could always be ticked to discourage bad security
practise?

 It'd save a bit of screen space.

 :-)

Keith

PS: the "Service Control Status" popup is a bit annoying ;-)
PPS: ...and is it too rude to mention the spelling typo in the status
line
and the popup for the message "<machine name> : WPKG service stoped"?

PPS: Over to Kai I think!