[wpkg-users] WPKGPriorityPackage Editor V0.3c

Malte Starostik malte at malte.homeip.net
Thu Jul 2 08:39:58 CEST 2009

Hello Simon,

Am Mittwoch, 1. Juli 2009 21:02:05 schrieb simplesi:
> V0.3c available via
> http://www.euxton.lancs.sch.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id
>=269

Some issues:

* When I point it to my WPKG base directory and click "Load Packages", it adds
two packages to the grid and then stops with a null pointer derefence (Access
violation at address 0046C14E in module 'WPKGPriorityEditor0_3c.exe'. Read of
address 00000000.)
The two packages are read in correctly: the first one with a priority of
10000000 and the second one has no priority attribute at all.
There are 32 more packages in the same file as the second one, but none of
them appear. FWIW, I put a copy of the file in question here (package "xp-
updates" is listed in your program, the rest is missing):
http://malte.homeip.net/~malte/xp-updates.xml

* The grid lacks a horzontal scroll bar, have to navigate by keyboard to get
other columns into view.

* The window is resizable, but the grid isn't layouted, so when growing the
window all you get is some grey space.

* And finally a suggestion: IMHO a nice addition would be to show the
pacakges' dependencies for reference.

Cheers,
Malte