[wpkg-users] Shutdowns with option -noreboot

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Wed Jul 15 16:09:06 CEST 2009

Johannes.Brix at evidian.com schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> some of my users reported shutdowns during softwareupdate,
> although wpkg is started with the parameter NOREBOOT.
>
> Any idea?

Hello,

WPKG relies on the individual installers to give a return code that
indicates "reboot required", but *do not* initiate a reboot themselves.
If they do, WPKG has no chance of preventing this. Common Parameters for
installers to achieve this are "/noreboot" or "Reboot=ReallySuppress".
Still, I have seen at least one installer (Eraser Secure Delete) that
does not really care and reboots anyway. This is bad luck :-(

Bye,
Andreas