[wpkg-users] xml Elements and attributes

mscdex mscdex at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 01:10:21 CEST 2009

On 7/15/09, Rainer Meier <r.meier at wpkg.org> wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> Charles Gargent wrote:
>
> > > Can you point me in the right direction for exporting the xml files
> > > into a database.  I would like a web interface/reporting feature. I
> > > have looked at wpkgexpress however I would rather have the xml files
> > > taken from a file share than a web connection.
>
> You might contact the author of WPKGExpress:
> - <http://code.google.com/p/wpkgexpress/>
> - <mailto:mscdex at gmail.com>
>
> As far as I know it supports importing as well as exporting XML files.
> I think it's even the default mode of WPKGExpress to write the XML files to
> directory which can be shared on SMB/CIFS.
>
> br,
>
> Rainer
>

> PS. Copy to the mailing list for reference.

Hello,

Currently, wpkgExpress is designed to be used via XML export URLs for
packages/profiles/hosts (these URLs are defined in the wpkg config file) and
therefore does not automatically write XML files to disk anywhere. The
reason for this is that wpkgExpress could be run separately (i.e. somewhere
on the internet) from the local network where the wpkg XML files would
ordinarily be stored. You can however manually save the XML files in the
admin section of wpkgExpress. In there, there are links to those same XML
exports which can be saved locally by right-clicking on any of the three
export links and selecting "Save Link As..." or similar. This should result
in the appopriate XML file being saved to wherever you chose.

I hope that makes some sense.

Brian