[wpkg-users] windows7 and wpkg

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Thu Jul 16 12:45:32 CEST 2009

> is it possible to use WPKG 1.1.1 under Windows 7?  Have anyone any
> experience or tips how to use wpkg under win7? I plan to use wpkg to
> install my software to windows7 (600clients). And the software runs
> gread under  windows xp. I will not lose this tool.
>
> sorry for my horrible english, pls help

Hi,
I do have a testing system of Win7 RC1 currently, where I try out some things.

I noticed, that the service pre-shutdown delay of the WPKG client service is not taken into account on Win7.
It seems there is a forced termination of the WPKG service, which takes place after a few minutes.

So currently I am not able to run WPKG at shutdown on Win7 as I do on WinXP (x86/AMD64).

I do not know if someone uses WPKG client to install at shutdown on Vista, which could help troubleshooting this.

---
Stefan