[wpkg-users] Question on configurations of Firefox / IE

mscdex mscdex at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 18:35:04 CEST 2009

On 7/28/09, Johannes.Brix at evidian.com <Johannes.Brix at evidian.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> today I got the request to do some configuration on Firefox installation:
>
> 1. Set some settings
> 2. install some plugins
> 3. install some certificates and marked as trustworthy.
>
> Does anyone know how this can be done by scripting during software
> distribution?
>
> For IE, I only need to do task 3: install some certificates and marked as
> trustworthy.

For #3 in IE, you can also use a program called certmgr.exe that will allow
you to silently install certificates. Certmgr.exe can be found by googling
for "codesigningx86.exe" and downloading it (it'll be a self-extracting zip
archive). Microsoft hosted this file at one time in the past, but has since
pulled it.