[wpkg-users] [WPKG Web Users] Variable

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Tue Jun 9 09:54:40 CEST 2009

Hi,

>>> So i have always the same error when my clients are trying to
>>> install a soft (msi error 1619), if i write the path
>>> (\\192.168.19.242\wpkg\logiciel\mysoft) and not (%SOFTWARE%\mysoft)
>>> in  the definition package, all is installed correctly.
>>>
>>> How must i do to use variables in wpkgweb?
>> Hi ... Wpkg Web is too old ( writtten when WPKG was about 0.9 ) and
>> don't use variable in the package definition ...   Personaly, the
>> only way I use variables is in WPKG client...
>>
> Thanks for you answers.
>
> Is there another gui project for wpkg?

Yes, there is a Wpkg plugin for GLPI from Walid Nouh, which we are going
to improve ATM and to make ready for production use (it's not really
working, actually, and must get converted to the newer 0.72+ GLPI API).

Walid mailed this week at GLPI-translation list:
" I started the wpkg plugin as a proof of concept, but had no time to
finish it. I'd be happy to discuss about what you'd like to do with it."
So, we have contact to the original developer.

https://dev.indepnet.net/plugins/browser/walid/wpkg/trunk

I'm going to implement an object oriented PHP class for Wpkg which then
can be used for other frontends, too.

I could send you some screen shots about what's implemented until now.

Best regards,
Falko