[wpkg-users] WPKG from CLI works & synchs; WPKG client service starts successfully, but does not synch :-/

UNL | TRIO | IT Support t3itsupport at unl.edu
Fri Jun 26 19:18:25 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am new to WPKG.

Here is my settings.xml file: http://pastebin.com/d7b8b28a7

On a Windows Vista SP1 workstation, which talks to an AD domain, the
WPKG client installs successfully and it passes tests that are
attempted. Here is the result from the test: http://pastebin.com/d67ac4b8c

The WPKG service starts successfully every time and I've verified this
in the Event Viewer log as well. Although the service starts no
synchronize happens. Out of curiosity, I attempted to stop/restart WPKG
service and it wouldn't want to. This is the case on more than on 1
machine. Here is the what happens if I attempt to this on CLI:
http://pastebin.com/d10ad62

On the other hand, if I invoke WPKG from the CLI as listed here:
http://pastebin.com/d72fa439a it works like a charm. So, that is
affirmation that the rest of the configuration files are good.

In both the cases, the logged in user has administrator privileges on
the local machine and the domain. When invoked via CLI there is no UAC
prompt even though the command line is not launched as 'Run as
Administrator'.

I did my fair share of going through past posts; but, I am still so
looost. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Also, I edited the wiki to reflect the fact that there is no delayed
login in Vista on WPKG's wiki page. If that is not right, correct me and
I'll revert the entries on the wiki page:
http://wpkg.org/Screenshots#Windows_Vista

--
www.unl.edu