[wpkg-users] WPKGPriorityEditor 0.2

simplesi siwalters at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 26 23:49:01 CEST 2009

I've put at bit more work into a WPKG Priority Package Editor and v0.2 is
available via this link
http://www.euxton.lancs.sch.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=269

It allows you to simply edit the priority attribute in your package files.

To use, enter the location of your wpkg root directory where package.xml
lies and then
click on Load Packages.

The program loads the contents of packages.xml and any other .xml files in
the /packages
sub-folder (if they exist)

You can then simply edit the priority value it finds and click on Save Edits
when finished.

Known issues
The program is written in VB Express 2008 so you have to install the latest
.net package :(
I got a security alert when trying it on a W2k3 server - the program was
able to carry on - I'll look into this.
The program sorts into high priority first but since it sorts in string
value order it thinks 20 has a higher value than 100 :( (I'll try to program
a work-around for this)

Any feedback greatfully received

regards

Simon