[wpkg-users] package is run one more time after removal

simplesi siwalters at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 2 21:00:00 CEST 2009

Rainer Meier wrote:

> Hi Simon,
> This might be because of the update-before-remove functionality...

OK - I've read some of the older posts about this functionality and I can
see it is a complicated subject :)

I realise this request might be shot down but hopefully you/we'll have a
nice discussion about this first.

In my package files, I NEVER have an uninstall script - I simply use WPKG to
install and update software.

Could WPKG be modified that if a package has no uninstall script then WPKG
does not try to do anything except report the information if console
messages are enabled.

e.g if there is no uninstall line in the package - then WPKG does not run
the install/upgrade commands - it just does nothing.

This would let people have the advanced functionality needed to deal with
complicated uninstall scripts that don't work properly the first time but
would make WPKG operate in the old simpler way for simple packages. :)

regards

Simon