[wpkg-users] wpkg client on windows 98

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Jun 4 11:32:43 CEST 2009

Hi Andrea,

Andrea Zagli wrote:
> it doesn't work; it returns the following error
>
> Error when searching registry sub-keys at
> 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkCards\'
> Code: 8002801d; Descriptions:
> Message:
> Error number: 64bf78
> Stack:        undefined
> Line:         undefined

Seems to be related to WPKG detection of currently assigned IP adress(es). The
way to detect the IP address might be different on Windows 98 (well, quite sure
it is because it access the "Windows NT" key which I think did not exist in W98).

I will have a look if it is possible to implement a work-around for W98 - or
probably just catch the error and not support IP-address-based profile
assignments on Windoes 98.

Anybody else using WPKG on Windows 98? Does it work for you?