[wpkg-users] Open Office 3.1 Installation and upgrade

Robin Roevens robin.roevens at cocks.be
Tue Jun 9 18:53:29 CEST 2009

Hi

You need the ones in
%APPDATA%\OpenOffice.org\3\user\registry\data\org\openoffice

and what you actually do with that unopkg command is putting them in
%Programfiles%\Openoffice
3\Basis\share\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office

I'm not sure if the ones in %Programfiles% override the ones in %appdata%
but on a first install of OOo (no user profile exists) those settings
defined in those files, placed in %programfiles% by unopkg, do not come in
those files in %appdata% anymore.

(be ware common.xcu contains more settings than only the ones you need..
also see my attached working examples in my first answer)

Regards

Robin

"heyryck at gmail.com" <heyryck at gmail.com> wrote on 09.06.2009 14:16:57:

> [image removed]
>
> Re: [wpkg-users] Open Office 3.1 Installation and upgrade
>
> heyryck at gmail.com
>
> to:
>
> Robin Roevens
>
> 09.06.2009 14:17

> wpkg-users
>

> Hi,
>
> thanks for the answer.
>
> I found different setup.xcu and common.xcu in different paths. One is in
> %APPDATA%\OpenOffice.org\3\user\registry\data\org\openoffice
>
> and the other is in
>
> Program\Openoffice 3\Basis\share\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office
>
> Which is the correct one?
>
> Regards
>
> rick
>
> Robin Roevens ha scritto:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I avoid this by adding common.xcu and settings.xcu from an OOo
> > installation where I already answered those anoying questions:
> > "unopkg add --shared Common.xcu"
> > "unopkg add --shared Settings.xcu"
> >

> > But I also still use the DisableFirstStartWzd_ooo31.oxt from
> > http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/
> Administration_Guide/Deactivating_Registration_Wizard
> >

> > And those three together seem to do the trick here.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Robin
> >
> > wpkg-users-bounces at lists.wpkg.org wrote on 09.06.2009 12:05:01:
> >
> >  > [image removed]
> >  >
> >  > [wpkg-users] Open Office 3.1 Installation and upgrade
> >  >
> >  > heyryck at gmail.com
> >  >
> >  > to:
> >  >
> >  > wpkg-users
> >  >
> >  > 09.06.2009 12:05
> >  >
> >  > Sent by:
> >  >
> >  > wpkg-users-bounces at lists.wpkg.org
> >  >
> >  > Hi,
> >  >
> >  > I'm trying to install openoffice 3.1, but I have problem with the
> >  > registration process. I want to avoid registration wizard and this
site
> >  >
> >  > http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/
> >  > Administration_Guide/Deactivating_Registration_Wizard
> >  >
> >  > suggests to use the command:
> >  > "unopkg add --shared DisableFirstStartWzd.oxt"
> >  >
> >  > I set the correct path but nothing to do, in every installation it
ask
> >  > me to register and sometimes it aks me if I want to participate at
the
> >  > user feedback program too.
> >  >
> >  > Have you advices?
> >  >
> >  > Hi
> [...]

Denk aan het milieu - is het nodig deze mail te printen?

** Email Disclaimer:
** This e-mail and the information it contains may be confidential, legally privileged and protected by law.  Access by the intended recipient only is authorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system.  Any review, distribution, reproduction, publication or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.