[wpkg-users] wpkgservice start fails on boot but can be started manually

Malte Starostik malte at malte.homeip.net
Mon Jun 15 23:33:39 CEST 2009

Am Montag, 15. Juni 2009 23:10:18 schrieb Alexander Meyer:
> > There's a group policy (also available locally via gpedit.msc)
> > "Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon
> > ->
> > Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon to the
> > computer."
>
> You're right, this is XP we are talking about. Unfortunately setting
> the group policy didn't help very much. Although the service starts
> up more often now, it still fails every other time, so my setup is
> still far from reliable.

Too bad; there's one more gotcha I can think of: if you set this policy on the
domain and the client really has such a timing problem, chances are that the
policy isn't correcly applied or only applied after a while.  If it worked
correctly or you set it locally, I'm out of ideas, too.  Event log of any
help?  Any warnings or errors from netlogon or userenv?

> > If that doesn't help, you might want to check your
> > network for
> > STP-related delays during link establishment:
>
> We actually had this problem some time ago and I got it fixed, so i know
> for a fact that this is not it. Too bad, the group policy thing looked
> very promising but now i'm fresh out of answers..

:-( Malte