[wpkg-users] running a task at logoff

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Fri Jun 19 12:17:39 CEST 2009

simplesi wrote:

I run wpkg as a bat file in all users/programs/startup.

I run another program in startup (a choose program to choose what network
folder to map to a drive letter) and I need to update that program.

Unfortunately, since it is running at the same time as wpkg, I can't
overwrite it using wpkg :)

Is there a simple way of getting a one-off task to run at logoff that anyone
can think of?

Or a method of killing the running program (its an autoit script) before
running my upgrade command
<<
For Windows XP and newer, you can use the TASKKILL utility.

You only need to specify the executable that should be terminated.

On the other hand, how about running the AutoIT script from the WPKG launcher ???
This way you can make sure they are always running in the same order, not concurrently.

---
Stefan