[wpkg-users] No error reported if no upgrade command specified

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Fri Jun 19 13:14:47 CEST 2009

Hi Simon,

simplesi wrote:
> AFAICT the log file doesn't indicate that that my expected update has not
> been done - wpkg just updates the wpkg.xml version number as if it had been
> sucessful. :(
>
> I was just hoping for a warning console/debug output message that an upgrade
> had been asked for but that no upgrade command was available :)

It's true that there is no warning or indication that there is no command to run
because no command is just as good as any number of commands and there is no
need for a warning here. If there would be a warning, then people using no
commands on purpose would get unnecessary warnings. What I tried to say is that
in debug output you see that the package is going to be updated and on the next
moment it's finished (whitout any commands appearing). That should be enough to
see that there are no commands known to WPKG.

> Good idea - could you recommend one (and a package to deploy it :) )

I know XMLspy seems to be a decent XML editor. However I am personally using
eclipse - but eclipse is not the best application to deploy...