[wpkg-users] Updated XML Schema for Packages

mscdex mscdex at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 22:34:48 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm jumping on this too early, but I thought I'd ask.

I noticed that with the new version of WPKG, the schema for the packages was
updated (packages.xsd). This new packages schema seems to break quite a bit
with existing packages.xml files. One difference I found was the change in
the "depends" element. It seems it now contains a string for its content and
no attributes (package-id attribute is gone). Should the string content be
the package id? Also, somewhat related, I noticed a packageReference type
that was defined and contains a "package-id" attribute like the old
"depends", but it isn't used anywhere in any elements.

Something else too, I noticed that with the previous (rev 20) and possibly
with this new revision, both require the "type" attribute name of "check"
elements to be all uppercase, which contradicts what the WPKG documentation
shows, which has all lowercase. Changing it to uppercase solved the libxml
errors I was getting before when validating against the previous schema, but
it didn't seem to when validating against the new schema?

I'm also getting other libxml errors that the path, value, and condition
attributes of "check" elements are "not allowed."

I can post the simple packages.xml I'm using if necessary, but it _does_
validate against the previous schema (after changing the case on the type
attribute names from "type" to "TYPE" of course). I'm using the latest
xmllint and libxml for validation testing.

Brian