[wpkg-users] WPKG client on XP64bit

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Mon Mar 2 19:09:42 CET 2009

Hi Stefan,

Pendl Stefan wrote:
> I would not use the 32-bit version on 64-bit Window, since %ProgramFiles% and other things are not set correctly for 64-bit applications.
> You can use the JS wrapper, but I found it easier to use the 64-bit client ;-)

I strongly recommend to use 64-bit editions of WPKG client too. The
JavaScript "wrapper.js" was just a work-around for WPKG to allow it to
run on 64-bit script.exe when no 64-bit edition of WPKG client was
available.

Currently I consider wrapper.js to be deprecated. It might be useful as
a work-around for 64-bit WPKG client problems but should not be used
within productive environments.