[wpkg-users] Forgot command, exit status 0?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Mar 12 09:40:04 CET 2009

Hi Marco,

Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> Mandi! Rainer Meier
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> Well, I clearly see some problems in your package definition here.
>
> Ah, my bad english, i was not clear. ;(
>
> My packages are sure bad-written, and your hints (expecially the
> extension, i'v never mind about that...) was precioius.
>
> I'm speaking about, if i've understood well:
>
>  1 	<install cmd='cmd /c exit 1' />
> 	stop the execution of the recipe (exit status not 0)
>
>  2	<install cmd='cmd /c c:\imnotexistent.exe' />
> 	stop the execution of the recipe (exit status not 0)
>
>  3 	<install cmd='c:\imnotexistent.exe' />
> 	stop the execution of wpkg.js (throw an exception)
>
> i'm simply speaking that, for me, exceptions at point 3) have (clearly,
> if possible: i don't know WSH ;) catched and return an exit value, not
> bombs out wpkg. ;)

Well, you're right about that. It seems that WPKG internal exec() method
was not returning any value (null) in case shell execute yields an
exception. This could have lead to other unexpected exceptions on
following WPKG code. I did a small update on it now - available at

http://wpkg.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/wpkg/wpkg/stable/1.0/

Unfortunately I cannot test it currently but you might download wpkg.js
and try it.

Please note that WPKG will still terminate if the "quitonerror"
parameter or /quitonerror flag is used.