[wpkg-users] Applying a transform to MSI - is my syntax correct?

Chris Wilcox not_rich_yet at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 16 15:44:38 CET 2009

> Chris Wilcox schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to install an MSI which has a transform file to be applied
> > containing the serial number and disable auto-updates.
> >
> > I can run a command prompt and install it fine but the WPKG client
> > always fails to install the app with the following install cmd:
> >
> > <install cmd='msiexec /i "%SOFTWARE%\OpenMindSP5\Setup.msi
> > TRANSFORMS=%SOFTWARE\OpenMindSP5\copysn.mst" /qb-' />
> >
> > The file paths are correct but I'm lost with what errors may be there.
> > Event Viewer on the workstation tells me:
> >
> > Could not process (install) 'Openmind Service Pack 5' (OpenMindSP5);
> > Exit code returned non-successful return value (1619) on command
> > 'msiexec /i "%SOFTWARE%\OpenMindSP5\Setup.msi
> > TRANSFORMS=%SOFTWARE%\OpenMindSP5\copysn.mst" /qb-'
>
> Error 1619 means that the MSI package was not found:
>
> http://wpkg.org/MSI:_Windows_Installer
>
> Hint: installer is looking for this filename:
>
> "%SOFTWARE%\OpenMindSP5\Setup.msi TRANSFORMS=%SOFTWARE\OpenMindSP5\copysn.mst"
>
> Which means you have quotations in wrong places.

I'm still lost with this one, the files do definitely exist in the locations, you can see WPKG call the MSI (you see the configuring windows installer screen) which disappears almost instantly.

I'm using the following install command (last one did have a % symbol missing in my e-mail but I'd typed it by hand into the e-mail and it wasn't missing from the package xml:

<install cmd='msiexec /i "%SOFTWARE%\OpenMindSP5\Setup.msi" TRANSFORMS="%SOFTWARE%\OpenMindSP5\copysn.mst" /qb-' />

Is this how I should be applying transform files?

Chris