[wpkg-users] Old program installing then uninstalling

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Mar 17 14:16:00 CET 2009

Hi Mark,

Mark Poole wrote:
> I have been using wpgk for a few weeks now and have successfully
> delivered a number of apps.
>
> However one machine is constantly installing then uninstalling an old
> app that doesn't appear in any profile.
>
> The app in question is the Dia app from the tutorial on setting up wpkg.
> I cant work out why this is happening as the package is not in a
> profile?
>
> Very confused to any help much appreicated.

There are a number of ways to solve the problem.

As you're talking about a sample package you might just remove it
completely from the package tree. WPKG will then try to uninstall it
(upgrade it before if necessary) and then remove it from local wpkg.xml
even if uninstall fails.

If you keep the package within the package tree (even if not referenced)
WPKG will continue trying to uninstall it from hosts which do not refer
to the package any more. In case you increased the revision attribute in
the package WPKG will first upgrade it to latest version (or try it)
before executing the uninstall procedure. This could be what you're
calling (installing). If after the uninstall procedure the package
checks still yield true (package still installed) then WPKG will NOT
remove it from local wpkg.xml and the game starts over. So make sure
that checks evaluate to "false" after uninstall.

Are you sure uninstall for the application was successful in a way that
package checks yield "false" after uninstall?