[wpkg-users] [wpkg-announce] Announcement: WPKG 1.1.0 release

Malte Starostik malte at malte.homeip.net
Mon May 25 10:59:24 CEST 2009

Am Montag, 25. Mai 2009 10:44:45 schrieb Tomasz Chmielewski:
> > ...some news about WPKGClient?
> >
> > I'm using 1.3.6 on some clients (portable system) and i've not catch
> > major issue, so seems rather stable to me...
>
> Have you tried these?
>
> http://www1.wpkg.org/files/client/beta/test/2009-01-24/
I've been using that one for a while now and the only issue is that stopping
the service - manually or with the option to stop it after its work is done -
takes several minues even if it didn't actually install or uninstall anything.
This isn't an issue in production but a little annoyance in testing.  Anyway,
I don't know if it's a regression or happens with 1.3.6, too.
OTOH, the new features in the testing version - especially using the machine
account - are essential to me so I'd really like to see it promoted to a
stable status unless other problems exist.

Cheers,
Malte