[wpkg-users] WPKG 1.1.0 execute once

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed May 27 12:02:30 CEST 2009

Hi Marc,

Marc Hennes wrote:
> it seems to me that the handling of execute=once packages changed in WPKG 1.1.0. I wanted to run an execute once package again and therefore increased the revision but nothing happened. In older WPKG versions (last I used was 1.0.2 I think) this lead to an update of the package.
>
> Is this behavior intended?

No, I just checked the algorithm of WPKG 1.1.0 again and it's supposed to
upgrade the package if the revision number changed. Even if execute=once is defined.

The difference between no "execute" attribute and "execute=once" is just, that
in case of execute=once the checks are not executed each time and WPKG will just
"assume" that the package is still installed correctly.

In case you increase the revision number WPKG will do an upgrade in any case.