[wpkg-users] Just running one package at each run

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Nov 12 15:50:33 CET 2009

Hi Stefan,

Pendl Stefan wrote:
> This is not true, WPKG removes only packages listed in the local wpkg.xml file, which are not assigned to the host via profiles.
>
> If the user installs any application without using WPKG, then it is not managed.

Confirmed (see my other post in this thread too). WPKG will NOT go through all
the packages and execute random/all uninstall entries for packages which are not
assigned. It just means that software installed manually is not under WPKG
control and WPKG ignores them.

Clearly said WPKG will not execute any uninstall commands of packages not part
of wpkg.xml. The only way to put packages into wpkg.xml is to (at least
temporary) add them to an assigned profile and run WPKG. After this the software
becomes "managed" and sure will be removed if you remove it later from the profile.

But if you never assigned the software to the host via WPKG then WPKG simply
does not care about it and leaves it untouched.