[wpkg-users] Definition change/Version #

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno-co.org
Tue Oct 6 08:26:10 CEST 2009

So I've been fiddling with wpkg over the past week, and I dig how versatile
it is while retaining it's simplicity.  It's the perfect fit for the
organization I work for.  However, in my testing I've kicked up a possible
problem;
As I build packages and deploy them, I've discovered errors within them.
 Naturally, I fix these errors, but if wpkg doesn't detect a version status
change ( either through the revision # on the package, nor it's internal
checks ), it doesn't copy the new package definition to it's local cache.
 Sitting here it occurs to me that I might just be able to increment the
revision number on the package, and it copies the new package information to
it's local cache.  If there are no upgrade commands, will the only action
taken be that of wpkg updating it's local cache of the package definition?