[wpkg-users] Forcing a second reboot...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Thu Oct 29 12:23:53 CET 2009

I'm moving in my organization from symantec corporate edition to
kaspersky as AV solution.

I'm doing some tests with WPKG, disinstalling old AV and installing new
one.
I'm using WPKG 'install on shutdown'.

I've done some test, and:

 - symantec are correctly removed
 - then, kaspersky network client got installed
 - then kaspersky AV fail saying 'reboot needed before installing'

after that, machine shut down/reboot, but at next startup... the
machine are without AV until next shutdown. I cannot keep machines an
entire day without AV... ;(((

I've tried to add to 'network agent' installation a row like:

	<install cmd='schtasks /create /tn "KNA forced reboot" /sc ONSTART /ru SYSTEM /tr "shutdown /r /t 5 /f"' />

but does not work, probably because the 'shutdown' executed on startup
are ignored (the scheduled task are correctly installed and work runned
by hand).

How can i force a reboot at next boot? ONLOGON will suffice?

Thanks.