[wpkg-users] Package Dependancy

simplesi siwalters at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 2 22:01:44 CEST 2009

:)

I know dependancy came in a few years ago:)

I meant when did the old method of dependancy (e.g a package must already be
installed for another package to be attempted to be installed) change to the
new model?

The new method seems to imply that packages will automatically be included
for installation if mentioned as a dependancy and that WPKG will override
any priority package settings to acheive this.

See
http://www.nabble.com/Priority-vs-Dependancy----Order-of-Installation-td13597405.html#a13597405
this  post as an example of the discussions going on at that time

regards

Simon