[wpkg-users] WPKG-Hostlogs after Update to V. 1.1.2 and Client V. 1.3.9

Hans-Werner Friedemann h-w.friedemann at vds-herzberg.de
Tue Oct 6 14:58:14 CEST 2009

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: wpkg-users-bounces at lists.wpkg.org [mailto:wpkg-users-bounces at lists.wpkg.org] Im Auftrag von Kevin Keane
Gesendet: Dienstag, 6. Oktober 2009 14:46
Cc: wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org
Betreff: Re: [wpkg-users] WPKG-Hostlogs after Update to V. 1.1.2 and Client V. 1.3.9

cmd.exe does not understand UNC paths. When you use the copy command, you must have drive letters on both the source and the destination.
Alternatively, use Powershell instead of cmd.exe

Hans-Werner Friedemann wrote:
> Hi @ all
>
> after the Update to V. 1.1.2 and Client V. 1.3.9 the following script
> doesn´t work:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> <packages>
>
> <package id="wpkglog" name="wpkg.xml files from workstations"
> revision="1" priority="0" execute="always">
>         <install timeout="15" cmd='cmd /C copy /Y
> "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\wpkg.xml"
> "\\server\hostlogs\%COMPUTERNAME%-wpkg.xml"'
> <%5C%5Cserver%5Chostlogs%5C%COMPUTERNAME%-wpkg.xml%22%27> />
> </package> </packages> I get these error:
>

> Could not process (install) package 'wpkg.xml files from workstations'
> (wpkglog):
>
> Exit code returned non-successful value (1) on command 'cmd /C copy /Y
> "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\wpkg.xml"
> "\\server5\hostlogs\%COMPUTERNAME%-wpkg.xml"'.
>
> Can you helb me to solve the problem?

Kevin Keane
Owner
The NetTech
Find the Uncommon: Expert Solutions for a Network You Never Have to Think About

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.