[wpkg-users] How does check work with upgrades please

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Wed Oct 7 10:02:57 CEST 2009

Hi!

simplesi schrieb:
> Just a simple question as I've never used checks before :)
>
> Are checks just used for the install command?

No.
> Are they ignored when a package revision is incremented and the upgrade
> command is executed?
>
> Or can you have separate check conditions for an upgrade?

No, check conditions are for the package - so install and upgrade commands
should have the same result, e.g. a file version which is checked or the
uninstall
string which must be the same.

Otherwise you wouldn't be sure that the same package is really installed
at each system.

But perhaps most install/upgrade commands are usually the same, e.g.
http://wpkg.org/Adobe_Reader_9#Customization

Regards,
Falko