[wpkg-users] Bug 176...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Wed Oct 7 19:17:05 CEST 2009

Mandi! Pendl Stefan
  In chel di` si favelave...

> The pre-shutdown-delay setting of a service is only taken into account at shutdown, if you manually stop the service, this is not recognized by the service control mechanism.
> I think it should be possible to overcome this problem, since the wuauclt service has a pre-shutdown-delay set too, but you can successfully stop the "automatic update" service manually.

I'm speaking about 'logon delay' feature of WPKG...

> > 2) if wpkg service are killed (or die) i have to wait all the
> > 'max wait
> >  time' (as happens on startup, indeed); Here (in shutdown) we
> > can check
> > this, i hope directly in WPKClient, but we can also add this to -pre
> > script, for example:
> >       http://www.hiteksoftware.com/knowledge/email/045.htm

Clearly i'm completely wrong. The 'logon/logoff delay' feature are done
by the way of wpkgMessage.exe, and the fact that WPKGServ.exe service
helper does not run imply that pre, wpkg.js and post script cannot be
run.

Indeed in wpkgMessage.exe have to be added some logic that check for
the status of WPKGServ.exe service/process, and if died or stalled,
exit.

I hope now i was clear.

PS: at least the fact that everytime i try to stop WPKGServ service
 they go in a spurious state and i have to manually kill it can be
fixed? It is very annoying...

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php