[wpkg-users] Strangeness on WPKGClient...

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Thu Oct 8 17:25:50 CEST 2009

> I've enabled the 'logo' feature on wpkg client.
>
> + i've setup the client on my box, using as image path:
>
>       %ProgramFiles%\wpkg\emfvg.jpg
>
>  tested, works flawlessy.
>
> + exported settings, verifying that in settings.xml the path was not
>  mangled, and was not:
>
> <logon-message-logo-picture>%ProgramFiles%\wpkg\emfvg.jpg</log
> on-message-logo-picture>
>
> + deploy the new settings on some machines (via
> --settingsfile), and...
>  logo does not display.
>

> I've also open wpkginst.exe on deployed machines, and all
> seems normal,
> the path are %ProgramFiles%\wpkg\emfvg.jpg, but logo does not display.
> So i've tried to substitute on client
> '%ProgramFiles%\wpkg\emfvg.jpg' with
>       C:\Programmi\wpkg\emfvg.jpg
>
>  and still does not display.
>

> Clearly the image file are there.

Best is to not use a local path.

I have placed the settings.xml and logo image file in the same folder as wpkg.js on the server and specified an UNC path to the file.
All my client have updated the logo this way, and I have it changed twice by now.

Excerpt of settings.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
    <file>\\haidlfs02\software$\AppDeploy\WPKG Server\wpkg.js</file>

---snip

    <logon-message-title>WPKG - Programm Installation - HAIDLMAIR GmbH</logon-message-title>
    <logon-message-logo-picture>\\haidlfs02\software$\AppDeploy\WPKG Server\CompanyLogo.jpg</logon-message-logo-picture>

---snip

</configuration>

---
Stefan