[wpkg-users] AutoIt and wpkg

Anders Nilsson andersn at isy.liu.se
Fri Oct 16 10:00:09 CEST 2009

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:37:34 +0100
Lukasz Zalewski <lukas at dcs.qmul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Has anyone had any experience/success with running AutoIt scripts
> with wpkg update. Is it possible? I have few packages that can't
> install silently without simulated point and click.

I'm using AutoIt for several installation packages and other settings I
have not found any better/simpler way to accomplish.

I feel the safest way to make an AutoIt script to run stable is to
pause long enough between clicks and selections to make sure active
windows are really ready to receive input.

One downside is that the installation process with AutoIt can be
affected by anyone with physical access to the client PC since windows
are visible and ready to receive input from keyboard and mouse. Though
there are programs to temporarily disable input devices I don't use
them since that might make it difficult to access the client locally if
the AutoIt process should hang.

  /Anders