[wpkg-users] Accessing WPKG parameters

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Oct 20 22:33:50 CEST 2009

Hi Simon,

simplesi wrote:
> Is it possible to access the host/profile parameters that WPKG is applying on
> each run.
>

> e,g I'd like to know what host/profile WPKG is going to apply on next run
> without having to do a /debug run and wade through all the information :)

I am not aware about a functionality which prints only the information you need
but you might run wpkg.js and specify the /dryrun parameter which will not do
any change to the system but write to the logs where could grep for the line
stating which profiles are applied.
This way you can do it without external tools using the original algorithm in
wpkg.js. It also allows you to use the /host switch to "simulate" any hostname
you would like to check in advance.