[wpkg-users] multiple profiles question

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Thu Oct 22 15:55:16 CEST 2009

> Hi,
>   I am trying to apply a number of profiles to the same host.
>  I have the profiles configured in the profiles directory and
> they each work if applied singularly to a host.
>   In my hosts file I have defined this
> <!-- Jenny Barrett -->
>     <host name="limm-onc4068" profile-id="default" >
>       <profile id="nopowersave"/>
>     </host>
>
> 'nopowersave' is a profile containing a package 'nopowersave'
> but it doesn't seem to be working.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> Paul

Paul,
        I have set up WPKG similar at first, but I switched to use dependent profiles.
Both ways have worked for me, so I do not know what is causing problems.

I would check the log file created by WPKG.js on the client for further help.
You can check the WPKG.js run with the following:

        cscript "%WPKG_ROOT%\wpkg.js" /nonotify /debug /dryrun /synchronize >"%TMP%\wpkg_check.txt"

---
Stefan