[wpkg-users] createReport.js - example please

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Thu Sep 3 18:08:37 CEST 2009

> Pendl Stefan wrote:
> >> Can somebody give a little example for the createReport.xml file?
> >>
> >> I always get a "invalid procedure call argument" at line 435
> >> (no, sorry I cannot debug this in reasonable time :-((
> >>
> >> I use \\server\xmlocation to save all wpkg.xml files into
> (works) and
> >> therefore I have just adapted the first 2 entries "BaseDir"
> >> (server) and
> >> "StateStorePath" (xmlocation)
> >> But it does not work.
> >
> > You will have to use the following:
> >
> > <clientStateStorePath>\\server\xmlocation</clientStateStorePath>
> >
> > If your WPKG root folder is something like
> \\server\wpkgroot then you need the following:
> >
> > <wpkgBaseDir>\\server\wpkgroot</wpkgBaseDir>
> >
> That was easy! And kind of obvious ...
> I just did not thought that the wpkg base was needed. Works well now!

I have spent some time to figure this out too, but it did not take long.
Including an example in the manual would have cleared things up, descriptions do not work properly some times ;-)

> I will have a look at the script automation. Thanks Stefan
> for answering ahead ;-)

I use this script for manual generation of two reports, but I will create a scheduled task to create a report each day.
I think about including a simple JavaScript in the HTML template to hide certain rows or show only specific rows as is possible with the Excel report.
This way I can omit creating the stripped down version.

---
Stefan