[wpkg-users] Problems with WPKG Active directory Installation

Malte Starostik malte at malte.homeip.net
Sat Sep 5 18:53:37 CEST 2009

Hello Ronny,

Am Samstag, 5. September 2009 18:05:40 schrieb ballsman at web.de:
> >ballsman at web.de wrote:
> >> Dear List,
> >>
> >> I have installed WPKG on my Windows SBS 2003 Server as descrived in
> >> http://wpkg.org/WPKG_with_Active_Directory. During the system boot of my
> >> Windows XP test client I get the following access denied error message.
> >>
> >> Event Id 1000
> >> Source Userinit
> >> Folgendes Skript konnte nicht ausgeführt werden:
> >> \\192.168.10.2\WPKG\run\wpkg_start.bat. Zugriff verweigert
> >>
> >> "wpkg_start.bat" is the start script that runs "wpkg.js". The shared
> >> folder "\\192.168.10.2\WPKG" and all subfolders are configured with read
> >> access for "everyone". Note: When I run
> >> "\\192.168.10.2\WPKG\run\wpkg_start.bat" from the command line on the
> >> test client everythings works fine.
> >>
> >> Any ideas?
> >
> >Looks like the share is not readable by everyone after all?
>
> Thanks for your quick answer. I'm pretty sure about the permissions. Here
>  is the output from net share: C:\Programme\Support Tools>net share WPKG
> Freigabename            WPKG
> Pfad                            D:\WPKG
> Beschreibung
> Max. Benutzer            Unbegrenzt
> Benutzer
> Zwischenspeichern     Manuelle Zwischenspeicherung von Dokumenten
> Berechtigung              Jeder, READ   ### Berechtigung = Permisions,
>  Jeder = Everyone

What version of the client are you using and what user name did you configure
in the client for connecting to the share?
I'm using this beta version:
http://www1.wpkg.org/files/client/beta/test/2009-01-24/
and set it to use the machine account (i.e. no explicit connection setup).
I'm not sure but I think "Jeder" does *not* include the machine accounts, so
you could try to add explicit permissions for the group "Domain Computers"
resp. "Domänencomputer".  One way to debug SYSTEM account authentication
issues is to log into the client machine with psexec
(http://technet.microsoft.com/sysinternals/bb897553.aspx) with the -s option
and cmd as remote command, so you get a cmd shell running as SYSTEM.  Then you
can verify whether a connection to the share works, e.g. with dir
\\server\share

Regards,
Malte