[wpkg-users] WPKG is a Samba addon...

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Sep 10 14:04:06 CEST 2009

luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it wrote:

> On this site: http://freshmeat.net/projects/wpkg/ I read this:
>
> WPKG is a Samba add-on that will help distribute software, hotfixes, and
> patches to many clients. You can easily deploy software, packages, updates,
> and changes without the need to manually go from one workstation to
> another. You simply configure the software that should be installed on a
> given machine or a group of machines, and next time these workstations are
> booted, the software you specified is installed automatically.
>

> I think that "Samba add-on" is wrong...

Well, it does work with Samba  ;)

freshmeat.net policy was not very clear (at least a couple of years ago)
about open source projects which worked with closed software and they
were against "Windows controller addon" or such.

Yes, the wording could be changed... I'm not sure how many people find
out about WPKG through freshmeat.net.