[wpkg-users] Installation/upgrade of same package on different architectures

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed Sep 23 14:46:13 CEST 2009

Hi Lukasz,

Lukasz Zalewski wrote:
> Im trying to figure out how to update same package on different OS
> architectures (i.e. x86 and x64), for example tortoise svn.
> Creating two package profiles probably would not work as one (for the
> wrong architecture) would be installed and the right one updated. I
> guess you can fiddle with the priority but that would be a hack at best.
> Another option would be to do an additional check for environmental
> variable %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECURE%
> My question is, does wpkg package has a special tag that would limit the
> application of the package automatically, i.e.
> <architecture=x86|x64 />

For this purpose I am using a bunch of scripts which deal with the installers.
Actually I am using this scripts for all my packages. It easily allows me to
adapt it to new applications without having to remember all the switches each
time. A generic "install.cmd" script helps me to execute the unattended
installation. The packages itself just need to call unattended.cmd for
install/upgrade and unattended-uninstall.cmd for remove.

Please find attached the latest set of sample scripts including a readme file
which should guide you how to used it.
Moreover the script do not only allow you to specify 32/64-bit installers but
also language-dependent installers. Currently I use it for EN/DE packages but
could be easily extended to support other/more languages too.