[wpkg-users] Quicktime 7.6.6 Frustrations

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed Apr 7 21:03:39 CEST 2010

Hi Christopher,

On 07.04.2010 20:56, Christopher Rector wrote:
> Does any one have a working script for Quicktime 7.6.6, I tried the one
> on the archive and the apple app support program gets installed but it
> never installs the quicktime app.
>
> I've tried everything that I can think of to get Quicktime installed
> properly, even extracting the .msi files from the package and using
> those. But, for what ever reason it never seems to install the quicktime
> app. It's got to be something I'm missing or doing wrong.
> This is one of my first attempts to use WPKG, and from what it looks
> like it could save me hours of updating workstations every time a new
> third party application patch comes out.

I usually use the same approach. First I extract the MSI packages and then I
install them manually (in order).

Well, usually I do not apply QuickTime to the systems. If I don't want to use
iTunes I just apply QuickTime Alternative. But for systems requiring iTunes I
just install
- QuickTime
- Apple Application Support
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- iTunes

I've attached an archive which includes my scripts to install these
Applications. "unattended.cmd" is called when iTunes is installed but
independent installation of components should work too.

Here I applied iTunes to my host and just checked; QuickTime 7.6.6 is applied
correctly.

The *.xml files included contain the package definition I am using. Just extract
the iTunes Installer to the directory leaving *.msi directly in the folder where
all the scripts are.

Give it a try.