[wpkg-users] Notifications don't appear

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Apr 15 21:03:20 CEST 2010

Hi Bill,

On 15.04.2010 17:11, Bill Prentice wrote:
> I've found with no clients that I've installed does the client get the
> user notification window such as when a package is about to install. Is
> there something that I misconfigured or that I didn't set right to begin
> with?

The notifications sent by wpkg.js are sent using "net send" or "msg" command
(depending on OS). To disable this use the /nonotify switch or set the
"nonotify" parameter to "true" in config.xml.

Maybe your WPKG client installations suppress the notifications using the
/nonotify command.

Note: For this to work Windows needs to run the "Messenger" service (except on
Vista/7 where msg.exe is used instead of "net send").