[wpkg-users] Excluding particular OS and architecture types from patch application

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at ac-caen.fr
Thu Apr 29 09:41:15 CEST 2010

heiko.helmle at horiba.com writes:

[...]

> Hmm... what do you think of adding conditionals to the <install>-command
> utilizing the check syntax that's already there anyways...
>
> something like this
>
> <install cmd='install-x86' conditional='true' >
>         <check type="registry" condition="equals"
> path='HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
> Manager\Environment\PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE' value="x86" />
> </install>
> <install cmd='install-x64' conditional='true' >
>         <check type="registry" condition="equals"
> path='HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
> Manager\Environment\PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE' value="AMD64" />
> </install>

[...]

For OS specific packages (like system parameters), extending the
profiles seems to me a good idea (the thing I should work one).

About OS specific packages I use unattended.cmd[1] and a special (OS
based) layout:

<software>/<version>/
                     install.cmd
                     remove.cmd
                     unattended.cmd
                     <OS>/<exe or msi>

I set the %CMD_PATH% variable in install.cmd based on OS like this:
ver | find "version 5.1" && (
    SET CMD_PATH=%CMD_PATH%winxp
)

Regards.