[wpkg-users] Packages dependencies / Chain packages / Problems...help me

papapupu papapupu at laposte.net
Thu Dec 30 10:32:44 CET 2010

You are right.
My pack work fine with the -s switch, but with /sms the installation wait to ensure that is successfully install to finish and pass to the pak2.
The good option is /sms /s
Thanks for your help !

> Message du 29/12/10 20:47
> De : "Bill Prentice"
> A : "papapupu"
> Copie à :
> Objet : RE: [wpkg-users] Packages dependencies / Chain packages / Problems...help me
>
> What is the app you are trying to install? Something developed in-house or a third-party package (Adobe Reader for example)? Are you certain of the ‘-s’ switch? I’ve run into some installers that are very sensitive about the switches meaning ‘-s’ is not the same as ‘–S’. I’ve even encountered where a vendor has changed the silent install switch within the same major version from ‘-s’ to ‘/Q’.

Also, assuming this is the full package definition for PACK1, I notice you are not doing any sort of check to see if the product is already installed. Or did you remove that portion of the package definition?

>         id="PACK1"
>         name="PACK1"
>         revision="1"
>         reboot="false"