[wpkg-users] WPKG Timeout problem

luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it
Wed Feb 3 16:25:46 CET 2010

Hi,

I have WPKG configured to launch updates at shutdown.

The main problem is that it seems ignore the TIMEOUT flag. I have the JAVA
package, and the WPKG "freezes" in this step:

        <install cmd='\\w2srv17\gposhr$\WPKG\java\jre-6u18-windows-i586.exe
/s IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL REBOOT=Suppress JAVAUPDATE=0 JU=0
AUTOUPDATECHECK=0 /l*v
\\w2srv17\gposhr$\WPKG\log\%COMPUTERNAME%-java6u18.log' timeout="300" />

after 5 minutes WPKG doesn't "see the timeout" and takes forever to close.

The main problem is the java installer that tries to "call home" (we are in
an environment that connects to internet through proxy), so we use the
timeout to prevent this proxy problem.

Any idea to solve this problem?