[wpkg-users] You must have an administrative privilege to run this tool

Chris Wilcox not_rich_yet at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 24 11:26:13 CET 2010

Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:12:09 +0100
From: christian.freisen at googlemail.com
To: wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org
Subject: [wpkg-users] You must have an administrative privilege to run this tool

Hi There,

when trying to install the WPKG Client under Windows 7 x64 I got this error:

"You must have an administrative privilege to run this tool"

I'm Administrator and the option "run as Administrator" is not available.

Any solutions?

Cheers
Chris

I found this too - the only way I could install in on Win7 was to right-click the Command Prompt shortcut and choose 'Run as Administrator' then use a command line to kick off the installation which worked fine.

Not sure if this can be fixed but if it can then great :)

Chris