[wpkg-users] WPKG client service script error on clean

Vasaris krx at takas.lt
Sat Feb 27 13:00:21 CET 2010

Hi,

> On 27.02.2010 09:41, Vasaris wrote:
>
> >> You can also try http://wpkg.org/files/client/beta/1.3.14/ - although there were almost no changes in machine account handling code.

Sorry, but the server is now experiencing some sort of problems. I cannot download beta-client, as the server drops connections right on the beggining of the download, or after some Kb are downloaded. And the download is extremly slow. I think you should check this out.

\> > I will do that for sure. I would like to clarify - do I have to make the trasform with the Properties table additional record, pointing to settings.xml file, or else .msi package install will fail?

> I think instead of wasting time on creating a transform file (too bad AD does not let you specify MSI parameters)

OK.

> you can just run a AD script:
>
> cscript \pathtowpkg.js /install:wpkg
>
> Easy enough.

Sorry, but I do not know whats does this accomplishes? Installs the client? Or runs the WPKG normal cycle?

I would rather stick to MSI packages, as they allow seemless upgrade, when new version is out. If it is not possible, I think, that server-mode deployment is better then.

> >> If it still doesn't work, please report it on http://bugzilla.wpkg.org/
> >> - I will be reminded to see what happens.
> >
> > I am sorry, but I do not know what exactly to report. I think you all suppose, that the problem is in the autehtication code section, when using machine account. But from the error output, I am not so sure about that. I was educated to report only the exact information, which is manifesting the bug, without any hypotehsis of my own, in case if I am not developer intimate with the inner workings of the software. I think this would be wise.
>
> That you use Windows 2000 (what service pack?), and using "machine
> account" does not let you use WPKG Client with AD.

OK, will do that. It is SP4+RollUp1+any post-patches and hotfixes.

Regards,

Andrew.