[wpkg-users] Joining windows to a domain

Vasaris krx at takas.lt
Sat Feb 27 13:09:21 CET 2010

> I try join windows xp to domain with netdom.exe. When I run package I get
> error: "Multiple connection...".
> Is someone who tried to join windows to a domain and can help me?

Simple - try another user account with administrative privileges in the domain.

This is known Windows XP problem. For example, if the computer is joined in the domain (already), and you try to re-join, or change computer name, and do that from the domain account profile loaded (not local administrative account&profile loaded), this error pops up.

The account of the profile which is active and loaded must be different from the one you supply when authenticating to the DC, during joing opperation.